Blackjack, also known as 21, is one of the most popular online table games. It’s the American family member of banking games such as Pontoon and Vingt-et-UN. Blackjack gets played using French playing cards, and as many as seven players can be part of a game.
Why play Online Blackjack? It’s convenient and comes with several advantages over playing at a land-based casino, and they are:
- Players never have to leave the comfort of their homes and get to play at their own convenience day or night.
- Most online casinos have a Mobile Casino that offers Blackjack variants, so location is never a problem when you want to kick back and flip some cards.
- You get to play at your own pace, especially as a new player.
- There are more variants of Online Blackjack than the land-based Casinos offer; it’s also faster-paced, meaning players get through more hands.
Rules when playing Blackjack
Blackjack is simple and easy to grasp, and it’s a game of strategy more than luck. Here are a few simple guidelines to follow when playing Blackjack.
- Blackjack is a card game where players have to beat the dealer. It gets played with one or more deck of cards on a specially designed table.
- The Blackjack table has five to seven betting spots, with many being active during the game.
- At the start of a Blackjack game, a player needs to decide on his/her bet size. And place the number of chips on a betting spot.
- The dealer deals a two-card hand on each active betting spot and a two-card hand to themselves, leaving one card exposed.
- Players can either take additional cards or keep their original bet; however, a player needs to get to a hand of 21. Should their cards exceed 21, they are “BUST” and lose their bet.
There is a huge selection of Online Blackjack variants by top software providers like Playtech, NetEnt and Evolution Gaming, amongst them being:
- European Blackjack
- Vegas Strip Blackjack
- Progressive Blackjack
- Blackjack Switch
- Spanish 21